Ottawa Wildlife Refuge (Northern Parcel—See map) and Scuppernong Wetland
are limited to deer hunting by applying for the deer hunting lottery.
1. Deer hunting only, no other hunting is permitted.
2. Hunters must harvest a doe on a WCLC property to earn the right to harvest a buck.
3. Hunters MUST possess a WCLC hunting permit to hunt Ottawa Wildlife Refuge and Scuppernong Wetlands.
Hunters MUST keep the car permit visible in your vehicle while hunting,
and MUST keep the wallet-sized permit on their persons at all times
while you hunt.
5. Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
6. No motorized vehicles is allowed within WCLC property boundaries beside in designated parking areas.
7. A maximum of one deer stand may be set up on the property per hunter.
Deer stands may be left up only for the time period you have permission
to hunt. Only non-damaging deer stands may be used. No spikes or
screw-in steps allowed. No stands shall be placed within 100 feet of a
property boundary. WCLC assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged
stands. All stands must be removed by February 1st the following year,
or WCLC reserves the right to remove and dispose of said stands.
9. No cutting, clearing or breaking of vegetation. Building of ground blinds with vegetation is not permitted.
10. No baiting of deer or food plots allowed.
11. No fires, camping, littering (includes plastic flagging) or dumping of waste on the property.
12. Unnecessary shooting or shooting at targets is not allowed.
13. No hunting is allowed within 200-yard radius of any inhabited dwelling.
All local, state, federal laws and ordinances governing hunting
activities, including obtaining all required government licenses must be
non-compliance with the rules above will result in a ban from entering
and winning any future WCLC hunting lottery permits and the proper
authorities being contacted.