preserves for all hunting allow ethical-use gun
and archery hunting of waterfowl, small game, turkey, big game, and trapping.
Any hunters using these preserves must have hunting permits from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and
must follow hunting season regulations put forth by state and local governments. Hunters must remain within WCLC boundaries at all times or the proper authorities will be contacted.
The following are the ONLY preserves that allow all hunting:
Ottawa Wildlife Refuge (southern parcel ONLY - please only hunt here if you have the ability to use handheld GPS equipment to ensure you stay within WCLC boundaries at all times, a PDF map and GPS app recommendations can be provided when requested)
1. Hunters must harvest a doe on a Waukesha County Land Conservancy preserve to earn the right to harvest a buck.
2. Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
3. No motorized vehicles.
4. A maximum of one deer stand may be set up on the preserve per hunter.
5. Deer stands may be left up only for the time period you have permission to hunt. Only non-damaging deer stands may be used. No spikes or screw-in steps allowed. No
stands shall be placed within 100 feet of a property boundary. Waukesha County Land Conservancy assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged stands. All stands must be removed by February 1st the following year, or Waukesha County Land Conservancy reserves the right to remove and dispose of said stands.
6. No cutting, clearing or breaking of vegetation. Building of ground blinds with vegetation is not permitted.
7. No baiting of deer or food plots allowed.
8. No fires, camping, littering (includes plastic flagging) or dumping of waste on the preserve.
9. Unnecessary shooting or shooting at targets is not allowed.
10. No hunting is allowed within 200-yard radius of any inhabited dwelling. All hunters must remain within WCLC property boundaries while hunting.
11. All local, state, federal laws and ordinances governing hunting activities, including obtaining all required government licenses must be observed.
12. Any non-compliance with the rules above will result in the proper authorities being contacted.